Sunday, August 29, 2010

Goodbye Jeonju!

Today is the beginning of something new! We made it to our new homes. It was a day of anxiety and nervousness. We had our closing ceremony in the morning, but only after tiramisu waffles!! After the closing ceremony, Courtney and I went back to our rooms for the last time to email and skype our parents. At around noon everyone at the EPIK orientation boarded their busses to go to their new homes. We only had a few more hours together until we were all split up! The time went by really quick because before I knew it, we were there and we saw tons of teachers with our names on signs huddling around the buses. I found my teacher right away and she was very nice. She and another teacher came to pick me up. On the ride to my new home, I asked her a lot of questions, remember the comment about how talking a lot mean you are happy.

The first thing we did when we got into town was go to the school and meet Mr. Che. He works in administration and is in charge of all the foreign people. He had the keys to my new apartment so I met him and the three of us went to my apartment. When I first saw my place, I was disappointed because it was really hot. That was only because no one was living in it, so the A/C was off, but feeling the heat made me automatically think I was going to be living without A/C. After Mr.Che helped me with my luggage, So-yoon took me to E Mart where I bought pillows and bedding, some hangers, a tea cup and coffee. We also had dinner which was nice. I had a Hot Stone Bibimbap dish which is the same as regual Bibimbap, but its served in an extremely hot stone bowl so the meal is hot the whole time!

We got back to my apartment around 9pm. I unpacked my things. I bought a few hangers at E Mart, but only enough for a portion of my clothes so I didn’t fully unpack that night. Now, I know its still early, but I am extremely tired from the long day so I think im going to bed! Good night!

Here are just more pictures of last minute bonding we had the night before we left Jeonju!


Just being artsy

Sandy and Michael



Soju for the first time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails