Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day (or night?) in Korea

Ok….since now that I’m a blogger with an Official Blog, the most important thing to do when I arrive in South Korea is to update my blog for all my followers (you’re welcome dad).

Checking in our baggage

So, you might deduce from that last paragraph, that I HAVE arrived. I am in South Korea, sitting with my stuff and Sam’s stuff and Sam. We are in our little dorm room, blogging. Well, I am blogging. She is just skyping.


All our stuff in our room

Maybe I should blog about the trip here? I think that’s a good starting point.

My amazing family - who drove me 4 hours to the airport to say goodbye (and also hid a BEAUTIFUL present in my bag - something I have always wanted!)

My wonderful family and I did not sleep. Instead we went to the airport. After saying goodbye – which was very sad (because I love my family soooooo much!) – we got on airplanes and slept. We did this until we arrived in San Francisco, because on that airplane we didn’t sleep. We watched movies! For 12 Hours! Maybe some tiny naps between movies, maybe some tank war games with the kid sitting next to me, but mostly movies. I would list them all out, but I don’t want to bore my followers.

View from the Airplane

When we arrived we had mixed feelings – happy because we were finally able to stand up, sad because we couldn’t watch any more movies, excited because we were in Korea, tired, because we didn’t do anything but watch movies, and proud because we didn’t go to the bathroom for 12 hours.

Our airplane to Korea

After the plane ride, things got a bit dull – customs, money exchange, check in, finally going to the bathroom – we met a lot of other teachers – I guess we were all mostly on the same plane. We took a bus ride to the university – but unlike the plane, there were no movies. I would have liked to say we stared out the window, soaking up the scenery and gazing into the distance, but I can’t really say that and be truthful. It was dark, and I was tired. So I slept for the 4 hour bus ride.

Sitting with our luggage

When we arrived, we received our gift bags and our dorm rooms. Sam and I received the same room – we took a shower - we fixed up the internet – and it was time to BLOG!!

So now every follower should be caught up. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s update!

6 comments:

  1. I miss you already Big Sis :)
    Take care of my super wonderful Jubal's Kin Shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see a new blog. We are experimenting with making comments today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying another one to see how the system works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we have it now. Look out in the future.
    Good and newsy notes. All info inquiring minds need to know, but there are lots more questions. Let's see if you answer them in the next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another test and demo for the home folks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails