Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just a random Weekend....

Top of the Hike
It seems we’ve been slacking on journal posing. SORRRRYYY!! Here’s a weekend from last month. I was waiting to post it until I got some pictures, but they never came out. So I'll post it anyway.

Friday was a normal Friday. I went rock climbing, I ate some dinner with friends, we hung out a bit….you know…normal stuff. But, since I had to wake up early the next morning I went home at a decent hour.

Saturday I met up with some people from the climbing gym. One of the girls I climb with wanted to show me around Gyungyu a bit, so she invited some others and we went exploring! The first stop, we hiked up a mountain to a stone statue thing. Then we sat there for about 30-45 minutes just talking and eating the snacks everyone had brought along.







Lookin' at some wildlife





After we got back down, we went to lunch, had some ice-noodles (just noodles, a bit of sauce, and tons of ice), then went to some more stops. We went to a bunch of places around town, till it was time to head home.

When I arrived home, I took a shower and headed to the beach to meet some friends. They were celebrating someone’s birthday, so I wanted to join for a while and say happy birthday! Unfortunately this beach was way out in the middle of nowhere and took me forever to get too! And when I got there, I stayed for maybe 30min before everyone was ready to go home. But it was nice to see everyone and see this beach. I now know that maybe it’s not worth the 45min bus ride + 10$ taxi ride! Instead of jumping in the taxi with everyone else, I decided to walk back to the bus stop. Unfortunately it was a 2 hour walk – but at least it was a nice walk…thru rice fields and more rice fields!

The only reason I was a little worried about the walk was because I had my first 10k race the next day! Well, I guess it was my first ever 10k run! My neighbor Emily and I had been training by running about 8k, so this was going to be something a little different!

We arrived….started running….and pretty much dominated…….until I had to go to the bathroom. Then Emily dominated. And I was left to eat her dust. And then Marty decided to become Iron Man and pass me on the VERY LAST TURN! Beah! But at least I finished my first 10k in under an hour! 57minutes!!!

After going home for a shower, we met back up downtown for lunch….I needed a cheeseburger!!! Then we went for a pingpong game and watched a dance show downtown. After a while we started getting hungry again, so we all met back up at my house where I cooked a dinner of all the American food I had in my house. Mac-and-cheese, spaghetti, and chocolate pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails