Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Two Week Vacation - Part 3

For the second week of my vacation, I went to Seoul for a week. The biggest and coldest city ever! Though many parts were so much fun, an entire week there was a little bit too long.





Cheongye Stream - at night
 I went to a nearby town - it was supposed to be a lot of fun my guidebook said. The place it sent me to was an area with a bunch of art galleries and museums. Unfortunately they were all closed and it was very cold. But, I had spent to long trying to get there to just go home!


What happens when you stand outside to long - you turn THAT blue!



 There was also an English Village nearby. I thought it would be really interesting and great - but again, nothing was going on. The whole place was empty.

English Village abandoned streets


When I got back to Seoul I checked out a temple on the river, before heading to meet my friend Song.



Song was one of the our orientation leaders when we first came to Korea. When I was heading to Seoul I let her know and we made plans to hang out later. 

Song and Deoksung Palace

Deoksung Palace

Deoksung Palace

A subway station that looks like a cave!

Seoul Tower

Song and the Seoul mascot
Locks at the tower - couple put these here to show they will be together forever.
View of the city.

The tower lit at night

A bridge at night.

Gyenongbokgung Palace - Changing of the guards

Gyenongbokgung Palace - Changing of the guards

Gyenongbokgung Palace - Changing of the guards

Gyenongbokgung Palace


Gyenongbokgung Palace

Gyenongbokgung Palace
The "Picture" man
 This man told me he comes to the Palace every day to feed the birds. When he comes he tries and talk to people - he can speak Japanese, Korean, and English. Every time he meets someone, he takes a picture of them with his camera. He has about 800 pictures of people from the past year or so!

His birds

Gyenongbokgung Palace
The Chinese Zodiac Statues

Gyenongbokgung Palace

Gyenongbokgung Palace

Gyenongbokgung Palace

Gyenongbokgung Palace

Gyenongbokgung Palace

Lunch - not pumpkin fire duck, but pumpkin fire nachos?

The man who invented Hangul
 When my friend Marty heard that I was going to Seoul for a week, he gave me his friend Shina's number. I called her up and we ended up getting along great!

Pulling a head off the octopus in ShabuShabu
An octopus that got to keep his head.

Shina and I!

Getting ready to spend the night at the Jimjjibang

1 comment:

  1. i really can't get over all of the temples and palaces and other pretty buildings everywhere. just beautiful! can't wait to see them in person :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails