Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Two Week Vacation - Part 2

This is Part 2 of my 2 week vacation. Unfortunately, I can't have Sam read this post unless she wants to spoil the secret I have for her. And everyone KNOWS how Sam feels about secrets. Everyone else, please read, but don't tell Sam.



When I left off, I was in Mokpo. The next morning, I headed to Yeosu, home of the 2012 World Expo.


Construction on the 2012 World Expo and the World Expo Mascots
 When I arrived, I headed straight for Odong Island, which was supposed to be full of trails, lighthouses, and boats. Of course, it was wintertime so that wasn't exactly the case. Most of the paths were being repaired, so almost half the island was inaccessible. Of course, who am I to listen to stupid signs that tell me something I don't want to know in a different language? Not me!

View of Odong Island
 
Some cliffs of the island

Wait a minute...does that sign really say Penis Tree?

Yes....it really said "Penis Tree"

Some more rocky cliffs
Just collecting some sea things for dinner.

 After spending time on the island, I headed to Jinnamgwan Pavilion, a traditional pavilion right in the middle of the city. 


The Pavilion....
....in the middle of the city!

Next I visited another island right off Yeosu. There reason - there was a special hermitage on top of a mountain that had turtles with coins on their backs.

The temple is on that mountain.... somwhere!

View from the mountain

Hyangiram Hermitage

Hyangiram Hermitage

The turtles with coins
 After looking at all the turtles, I continued to climb the mountain. It was about to be sunset and I wanted to see it from the top of the mountain!

The stairs up
View from the top
View from the top
 Unfortunally for me, it was time to make another dumb mistake. You see, if you watch the sunset from the top of the mountain, there won't be a sun when you walk down. I had forgotton this detail until I started to walk down. "Oh wow, it's getting kinda dark," I said to myself. So, worried that it would get very very dark, I rushed down the mountain, and in this rushing, I lost the path. I found instead a very very small path over rocks and under trees and around boulders. Luckly, I was able to find the correct path, with streetlights and everything. I sure am lucky! Once I had arrived safely in civilization, I had some dinner and headed to bed.

When I awoke, I headed straight for Suncheon. I could only stay there for the afternoon because I was heading back to Pohang that evening.

When I arrived in Suncheon, I had two options: I could either go see the set of a drama or go to a nature walk near the coast. I decided I would let fate decided - whichever bus came first, that's where I would go. I went to the Drama set.



















 It looked like an abandoned ghost town! I loved it! Afterwords, I headed back to the bus and departed for Pohang. When I arrived back into town, it was time for the evening's main event - Salsa Dancing Performance. Our friend Dan was performing and we wanted to see what was up!
Warmup Dancing

Dan and his partner
 That Sunday, we all planned to go snowboarding. We pulled one of those 4am wakeup calls, caught a bus, and headed to High1 Ski Resort.

Getting ready
Ready to Start!
Still Ready!



Part 3 of my vacation is still coming...

1 comment:

  1. "And everyone KNOWS how Sam feels about secrets." --> lolz!

    "Of course, who am I to listen to stupid signs that tell me something I don't want to know in a different language? Not me!" --> you never were one for following rules ;)

    penis tree = win!

    those pics at the top of the mountain are awesome.

    "Unfortunally for me, it was time to make another dumb mistake. You see, if you watch the sunset from the top of the mountain, there won't be a sun when you walk down." --> i friggin' LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails