Monday, September 27, 2010

Cookin, Ground Scores, and Lesson Planning




Yesterday we went to the botanical gardens. Took a while to get there, was a little doubtful it existed when the bus dropped us in the middle of nowhere. But it did exist. And it was beautiful. We spent the afternoon there and headed home.

Sam and Melinde learning about plants.

Plants

When we got back, I was exhausted. I decided to spend a quiet night at home, cooking dinner and coming up with a lesson plan for the next day.

4:00 - When arriving home I see a bookshelf out on the street. Because of the lack of furniture in my house, I wanted it sooooo bad. Because of the amount of students walking around on the street, I didn't grab it. I would wait until the street was empty.

4:30 - Relax, clean up a bit, put things away.

5:00 - Decide that I will make dinner tonight! Then realize there is nothing to eat in my fridge.

5:30 - Ok, I have a lot of rice. And I have a rice cooker. I will learn how to use my rice cooker! All the buttons and directions are in Korean, but no big deal right? Isn't that what the internet is for?

5:35 - Start watching videos on how to use a Korean rice cooker

5:50 - I have learned what the buttons mean, but am still a little wary about using a rice cooker - I have never ever used one.

6:00 - I just go for it

6:15 - While cooking, noises come from the rice cooker

6:30 - I look at the rice cooker and there is a puddle of rice goo underneath it

6:35 - The rice is now mush rice.

6:36 - Ok, what do I eat with this rice? Oh, this can of chicken looks good. Ok half an onion looks good. Ok, these leaves look good. Ok, an egg too. Let’s mix in LOTS of soy sauce

6:45 - All my food is ready. I watch Robin Hood and eat.

6:46 - The food is gross - too salty. I eat until I am not hungry and then switch to eating ice cream.

7:00 - ok, that’s enough of my food, time to get work done. Let’s lesson plan!

7:30 - Am still trying to lesson plan


8:00 - ditto

8:30 - Still not getting anywhere

9:00 - Ok, that’s enough. I'll keep thinking while I clean up my kitchen

9:30 - Kitchen clean, I'll sneak downstairs now! Steal that bookshelf under the guise of throwing away a bag of garbage

9:31 - peer out the window to see if the coast is clear - it is

9:35 - Am back in my room with my first Korean ground score. I hope no one saw their English teacher stealing a moldy bookshelf from the trash pile,

9:45 - clean the mold, took a shower, and still no lesson plan

10:30 - Talked to my mom

11:00 - I'll just go to bed, lesson plan in the morning!

NEXT MORNING

I have an easy simple lesson plan that took me 5 minutes to come up with. I go to school, sit down, and start working on it. My co teacher comes up to me and says, oh...speech test start today.

That means I give speech tests....not my lesson plan.

Oh well, at least I have a bookshelf!


My bookshelf - all cleaned. Now I need more books!


1 comment:

  1. so a couple of things:

    -i wasn't sure who was writing this post until i got to 6:45 - watching robin hood. OH...COURTNEY!

    -what kind of ice cream are you eating in korea?!

    -congrats on your trash treasure...it's SUPER CUTE!

    -i would eat your mush rice ANY day! your dinner experiment sounds like every other dinner you made in tallahassee.

    -...your night of procrastination ALSO sounds like any other night in tallahassee, but the only thing missing is me adding to your list of distractions :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails