Monday, September 20, 2010

I'd say the weekend went pretty well....

Now, to get you updated on my life. (Heather, have you already guessed who is writing this? I'm sure you have. So I won't mention my name.)

This picture was just too awesome NOT to put on the blog. Happy Birthday to Sam!


Last Friday, I did something awesome. I moved into my apartment. It is probably the most beautiful apartment in the world. I'd put pictures up, but I don't want everyone who reads this to get pangs of jealousy. Plus, it's not fully furnished/set up yet. I don't want to put pre-pictures up, because you'll have a poor view of the greatness that it is. I want you to really be jealous, not just somewhat jealous. So just be ready, I'll post soon.


Because a free gift of toilet paper when buying your frozen dinner is always handy.


Right now I'm at school. Outside the window I can hear the band playing - it sounds like lots of little flutes. Sometimes drums and singing can be heard. These sounds remind me that I only have 45 minutes left of work! The best sounds ever!

Anyway, I moved into my apartment, celebrated Sam's birthday, finished an entire week of work, then it was the weekend again.

Saturday, I got my new cell phone. It's plain and black and perfect. And it came with a cell phone charm. After cell phone buying, I ate lunch with my neighbor Emily at our landlord’s apartment. Yes, our landlord invited us to lunch! She is so sweet! When I moved in she and her husband unpacked all my boxes for me. She brought me cups to drink from and towels for my dishes. The next day she even brought me grapes! Then she invited Emily (the foreign English teacher at the high school, who lives across the hall from me) and I to lunch! And it was good!

After lunch I called Sam and Daniel, and found out they had gone climbing without me! As unfortunate as this was, I wasn't mad because I had a new cell phone. So we all met up and got ready for the evening birthday celebration.

One side of the table

The other side of the table

The birthday celebration was huge. And by huge, I mean there were a lot of people! There were all us Pohang epik people, there were the old-timer-pohang-epik people, and there were visiting epik people from other cities! We had an amazing dinner, and spend the night going to various parts of the city.

After-dinner candy from the restaurant

SamTeacher is recognized on the streets

Half-the-group Photo


The next day was the big hike. Emily had invited me to climb a mountain - so that’s what we did. She, two of her co teacher, and I walked up a mountain. I was thinking, oh a hike, not so bad. Just kind of relaxing. No. This hike was hardcore! Steep uphills to make you tired. Steep downhills that make you slip and fall. Today I'm pretty sore. But it was beautiful! We got to the very top and could look around in all directions! Then on the way down, we passed a few waterfalls that were absolutely wonderful! There was even a spot where you could lead climb up the rock face - but no climbers when we passed by.

A signpost on the hike

Stream

The very tip-top. There's a concrete pad where everyone sits to eat.

Another signpost

Flags left behind on the trail by other hikers

The other hikers

Lunch!

Just a view - but no big deal


After the hike we had dinner and drove home. I was sooo tired, but ended up staying up late getting ready for class the next day. Good thing I did too - because class turned out very well. I might just be the best teacher ever. It's possible.

Another one of those awesome views


Waterfall central


Emily and the Waterfall

Just in case you fall off the path into the 2 foot deep stream


Afterword, we were taught how to greet Buddha like a pro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails