Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Trip that was Positively EpiK!


Sorrryyyyyy...... it's really late but....

A couple of months ago, all the EPIK teachers in the area received an email saying that we were going on a cultural trip. For two days we would travel around on a bus and see some Korean culture, receive a free vacation, and miss classes on Thursday and Friday! It couldn’t get any better than that.




 
Since we had to meet up with everyone in Daegu on Thursday morning, we decided to meet at the train station around 5:30. But, because of my idiotic nature, i left my cell phone at the climbing center. This was a huge problem because my phone was also my alarm clock. The one I set instead didnt go off, so I awoke in my room around the time everyone was arriving in Daegu.... Whoops. I rushed around like a chicken with its head cut off for a bit, got my stuff together, and headed out. I figured I could meet then at the first point of interest, sneak on the bus, and everything would be fine. To my surprise, the plan actually worked!! I met them just in time for lunch with almost no problem at all! I can be so good at fixing my stupid mistakes when I try.

After lunch we stopped at a few cultural sights, where we were able to get out and look around. The best part about this was getting to try out our new cameras!! Exciting!  We stopped at a hill overlooking the ocean and a rocky beach. After, we headed to a huge hotel that I think was rented out just for us! Each room was different. Some had balconies some had round beds some had balcony swings! All in all, it was a nice place.








Though the dinner was a buffet, Sam didn't feel like she got enough to eat.

And there's always time for a self portrait before bed!

 
The next day we awoke early and headed out to an island. It was a place we had heard about a few months before but hadn’t gotten a chance to visit! It was worth the wait...the place was beautiful! Just an island completely covered in gardens! I was amazed!












 

 Seeing the garden took the whole afternoon so we were to have lunch and go back. But Sam and I had different plans. Since it was only Friday afternoon, why go back? We should keep traveling around. We decided to check out the abandoned theme park one more time with our fancy cameras, and then go to the drama set down in Suncheon. I had told Sam that I wanted to take her there, but we never had the opportunity.



The first place we wanted to go to was the amusement park, but we sure didn’t want to go alone. Just in case it was haunted, you know. Unfortunately, our ability to convince people to join us at the last minute was unsuccessful and we ended up going alone. At first we were a little intimidated, but after a bit it wasn’t so bad! We ended up having a lot of fun.

Number one rule about going to an abandoned amusment park - Take all the necessities!





Warning: Always make sure what you stand in front of is something worth sanding in front of... just in case someone takes a picture of you standing in front of it.


The cart that killed the little girl - the reason the park shut down.

Now THAT'S excited!


I don't think we'll discuss how I got this high..... We'll just say I'm a very trustful person.







This time...there wern't even any cups! She's REALLY hungry!



That night we were going to try and catch a bus to Suncheon, but we missed the last one. Instead we stayed the night in a jimjillbang watching movies on my galaxy player. The next day we were able to catch the first bus and get to Suncheon in good time. The first thing we did was check out the drama set. I had been in January but I knew Sam would love to see it. And she did. We walked around for a few hours before we went back to get some lunch. The next stop was Suncheon bay.

Turtle Boat - I'm an expert on the subject










How Sam takes pictures.....really....that's what she does.





My friend had told me that the bad would be beautiful at sunset and we were just in time. We just walked around the bay taking pictures of the sky starting to change colors.  Of course, when you put two fancy-pants cameras in the hands of two girls who love to take pictures, you go nowhere fast, and thats exactly where we went. Nowhere. Well, maybe we went about 5 feet or so every 15 minutes. We had to force each other to put our cameras away for long durations so we wouldn’t be stuck in fields forever.






 
By the time we got to the end, the sun was just about to finish setting, which was perfect because it would be to dark for any distractions on the way back.
When we finally made it out, we were lucky enough to catch a bus and head right home. We arrived back home with cameras full of beautiful pictures and a whole Sunday of rest ahead of us!






1 comment:

  1. South Korea is an amazing story. I believe that Korea is kind and passive nature. This is not their in their history. They have been in constant aggression and occupation. Buddhism has contributed indifferent to their own survival. Patience has been winning strategy.

    best Korean Movies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails