Tuesday, March 15, 2011

StEEEEEEElers!!!!

Watch out dude! Don't fall over!
So last weekend was the first time us old teachers got to meet some of the newbies who just got into Pohang.

Saturday we had a full day! It was the opening game for the Pohang Steelers soccer team, and we went to support our team. It was a really exciting game. The game itself ended in a tie of 1-1 but all of the supporters were so exciting to watch, and the over all morale of the event was great.













Emily, Courtney, Marty, and I at the big game!
Our team!
Adoring fans!

ShabuShabu dinner party
After the game Courtney, Emily, Marty and I decided to walk home. It was a nice hour and an half walk. It was a nice day so the walk was pleasant. By the time we were almost home it was already 5 and we were all getting together a little later for dinner so we had to hurry home and shower. We were all planning to go to our friend Temu’s party that night but first we all had dinner at a really good Shabu shabu place near my house. It was Marty’s first time having this kind of Shabu, so I was excited to take him there and show him the magic.


After dinner we were all extremely full, but slowly made it over to Temu’s house for his party. When we got there, we were welcomed by about 20 people crammed into a small apartment. And when I say crammed, I literally mean everyone was squeezing to fit. It was a nice gathering; we got to meet even more new people. 

We make an awesome team!



 On Sunday, Colleen came in to Pohang to spend the day with us. I met up with her and Courtney and some other friends at a coin slot NoriBang (karaoke) and we played games at the arcade. After the arcade we all wend bowling wooo! Bowling lead to everyone being hungry lead to us going to a Jimdok place in downtown. (Don’t mind the weird sentence structure of that last one. I’m rereading one of my favorite books and this is similar to how he writes throughout the book so I’m just showing my love!)

I don't know why Sam made the picture of a book so gosh darn big! - Courtney

The Sunday ended with us taking Colleen to the train station and bidding her adieu. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails