Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It was an accident....we promise!

"Yeah, we rock climb"




This weekend was going to be different from a lot of weekends. Not because we had something so exciting it couldn't be matched, but because we had nothing planned! Surprising, I know. All my teachers asked me, "So what are you doing this weekend? Where are you going? What are you going to do" My reply - "I think we're just going to stay around town this weekend. We've got nothing planned, and I think I'm on the verge of sickness."  Of course, like most of our plans, this fell through.






Lots of climbers and lots of climbing gear


Friday night there was nothing planned, so Sam and I went climbing. While there, our plans changed from nothing to doing something! We were invited to join everyone for an afternoon of rock climbing on Saturday! The gym from Seoul was going to be there, and it was going to be a good time. Did we say yes? Of course we did!


Way up that mountain!



Looks like Sam got's skills!
Now it's obvious! Sam does have skills!


Saturday we met at the homeplus at 12:30 (just enough time to sleep in a bit) and headed off to the mountain. For the rest of the afternoon, we climbed rock after rock. I was able to give leading a shot, as well as a few tough top roping routes. After the sun started setting, we all went to dinner. Of course, you might remember that we have rounds here. This was only round 1, which means food and a few drinks. Round 2 was later - drinks, and a few foods. The food of choice: whale. Yes, we ate whale.

Walking back to the car
When Sam and I heard that we were going to be having whale, we were a bit uneasy. "Isn't that supposed to be an endangered species?" "Are we supposed to eat that?" "Did he really say whale?" After conversing privately, we decided to ask. We discovered that the whale was killed by accident, not on purpose. Apparently, throughout the year, two or three whales are accidentally killed in fishing accidents. Either they run into the nets, or the boats crash into them, I couldn't quite tell what kind of accident it was. But they were adamant to let us know that it was an accident.

Anyway, the whale was good, and we had fun meeting all the climbers from Seoul. Finally, it got a bit late so we headed back to Pohang.

Sam likes to match the floor mats that we sit on during dinner.
The next day, Sunday, was a real day of rest. We slept in, relaxed, and didn't meet up until 5 that evening. Why? Because we were going to a fortune teller! Our friend Minjung (민정) works as a fortune teller at the homeplus nearby our houses and we wanted to go visit! Sam and I met Dan, Brandon, and my teacher Ms. Moon there to get our readings. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that we needed our birth times in order to get a good reading. Because of this, Sam was unable to get any information. But I was, luckily enough! I don't know why. But here is my fortune:



2012 will be a very good year for me
I shouldn't get married between the ages of 33-37
I should wear earrings
I should drink water
I ride a tiger (which means I like to travel - and tigers like to travel alone)
I should have one kid, maybe 2, but no more that that.
My kid will be independent (not ask me for things like money)
I'll be pretty rich around the age 45-47
I should live in the west or the south
I should live near water
Black and white are good colors for me

After the fortunes, we all ate dinner together, then headed to our respective homes to get a good nights rest.





A Summery for Erik

I just hold the camera
Because Erik likes to just look at the pictures in the blog, I've included this special summery at the end so that he can easily keep track of the events of the weekend without reading to many wordy paragraphs. Enjoy Erik!

Friday - Invited to go climbing
Saturday - Went climbing
Saturday night - ate some whale
Sunday - Went to the fortune teller.

Hopefully that was quick and easy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails